Everyone invests their time in something, usually in whatever they are interested in the most. Unfortunately, we don’t always invest our time in the things that are important. Then when we get older, we realize that we have wasted a lot of time doing things that don’t matter and we have regrets.
Many people go through life trying to achieve success by obtaining power or making lots of money. Others spend their lives wasting all their time and money pleasing themselves and just having fun. Then one day they need support from their family and friends and wonder why they are all alone.
I certainly have regrets and wish that I could turn back the clock. Many hours, days and weeks were wasted doing things that don’t even matter now.
- Time spent working extra hours to make more money instead of going home and spending time with my family
- Time spent working on projects that didn’t pan out and have long been forgotten
- Time spent feeling sorry for myself instead of feeling sorry for other people and helping them out
- Time spent reading books that filled up time and didn’t teach me anything valuable
- Time spent watching TV programs and movies that filled up my mind with total garbage
Think carefully about what you spend your time doing.
- Is it something that has value or something that is wasting your time?
- Is it something that makes you a better person or does it lead you away from the important things in life?
- Is it something that blesses other people or does it only please yourself?
- Is it something that leads you where you want to be or is it leading you down a dead-end street?
Whatever you surround yourself with now will likely be what surrounds you in the future. Make some positive changes in your life now and invest time in things of value.