Did you know that your emotions are habits? Everything you do on a regular basis without thinking is a habit. Habits can be positive or negative. Unfortunately, many people have more negative habits than positive habits. They become stuck in these habits which negatively affect their lives. Having negative emotions can impact your relationships, work, school and all areas of your life.
- being unhappy is a habit
- being angry is a habit
- being depressed is a habit
- being bitter is a habit
- being lazy is a habit
- being selfish is a habit
- being unkind is a habit
These negative habits stop a person from having happiness and success in their lives and are often due to a lack of confidence and low esteem.
If you are struggling with bad, negative habits that are causing problems in your life, try to form some new, positive habits that will contribute something worthwhile to your life and help you achieve your dreams and goals.
It takes about 21 to 30 days to create a new habit. Decide that you are going to become more positive about life and then start working on building positive habits.
- say positive affirmations first thing in the morning to put yourself in a positive mood for the day, then repeat them during the day to reinforce your positive feelings.
- actively stop yourself when you say negative words and replace these with positive words
- be nice to other people, do acts of kindness daily
- every day write down a (realistic) list of things you have to do and stick with it
- make a habit of hanging around positive people
- do activities that will put you in a positive mindset
If you consciously work hard at creating positive habits, your negative habits will start to disappear. This will help you build confidence and increase your esteem.